Playwright, director, actor, instructor
Şermola Performans, artistic director
Eurodram (European Network for Drama in Translation), Kurdish language coordinator
Nexus (Kurdish-German Theatre Network), founder & co-director
He was born in 1980 in Kars (Kurdistan).
He lived in Istanbul between 1983-2018
He has been living in Germany(Cologne) since January 2018.
He studied acting at Teatra Jiyana Nû (Mezopotamya Culture Center Istanbul) between 1994-1999.
He worked as an actor at Teatra Jiyana Nû between 2001-2003.
He worked at Seyr-î Mesel Theatre as an actor, instructor and manager between 2003-2008
He studied in Folk Dances Department of Istanbul Technical University Turkish Music Conservatory between 2004-2007
He graduated from Istanbul University, Department of Dramaturgy and Theatre Critism at 2017.
He has been working as a playwright, director, instructor and an actor at Şermola Performans since 2008.
· He finished Online Kurdish (Kurmanji) Teacher Training Course organized by Inalco University Paris, and has been awarded the Kurdish Language Teaching certification.
· He finished Online Kurdish (Kurmanji) Teacher Training Course organized by Artuklu University Institute of Living Languages inTurkey Department of Kurdish Language and Culture, and has been awarded the Kurdish Language Teaching certification.
· He was invited to New York Film and Cultural Festival VI. (Online edition) and gave a talk called “Kurdish Resistance and the Dramaturgy of Fire”.
· He was invited to MENA - Beyond The Mask Festival New York (Online edition), with the play named Disko Number 5 that he wrote. The play translated to English by Nicholas Glastonbury and read by Sinan Eczacıbaşı.
· He made a performative storytelling workshop in co-instructor with Hicran Demir and in cooperation with Kulturbunker Cologne called "Mein Traum Mülheim".
· The play Unvollkommen performed in Festival der Solidarität in Kulturbunker Cologne
- He directed the Min's Monolog play that he wrote and it was staged in Kulturbunker Cologne as a Şermola Performance production
- He directed the play Unvollkommen that he wrote and it was staged in Kulturbunker Cologne as a Şermola Performance production
- Mit May und Nietzsche durchs wilde Kurdistan (Bi May û Nietzscheyî ra di Kurdistana Dirinde ra
Çar serpêhatî): An author-theater project by fringe ensemble and Nexus - Kurdish-German theater network. Texts by Volker Lüdecke, Mirza Metin, Wajiha Said and Katharina Schlender
- The play that he wrote, Ouroboros, was staged in Theaterimballsaal Bonn under the direction of Frank Heuel and his performance. It was a co-production of fringe ensemble and Şermola Performans
- His article named "Kurdish Resistance and the Dramaturgy of Fire" is published digitally by Cambridge University Press Theatre Research International
- He wrote and directed the play named Acht that premiered at Urania Theater Cologne
- The play Acht was performed in Theater Nacht Festival in Kulturbunker Cologne
· The play named ANZİEHUNGSKRÄFTE performed in Theater im Ballsaal Bonn, Orangerie Theater Cologne, TAK Theater Berlin
- The play named Disco No.5 that he wrote was performed in Berlin Theatre Festival, at Theatre28
· He made a writing workshop with Nexus called “Und dann kam eine fremde Person herein…”
- He made an acting workshop called “Dengbêj trifft Brecht” with Nexus.
- “Und dann kam eine fremde Person herein…” was staged as a reading performance with direction of Frank Heuel in Theaterimballsaal Bonn
- Martin Roth Inititative (Residence: January 2019 - February 2020).
- He came to Cologne via IFA Artist in Residence (From January 2018 until July 2018), and he started to work as an author with fringe ensemble (Bonn)
· He wrote the play named Erdkêşî (ANZİEHUNGSKRÄFTE-Gravity)
- Erdkêşî was staged as a co-production of fringe ensemble and Şermola Performans with direction of Frank Heuel
· He developed Kurdish-German theatre network named Nexsus with Frank Heuel and carried out workshops within fringe ensemble (www.nexus-theatre.net)
· His plays named Disko Number 5, Plastic Bride and Grave were published by Avesta Publishing House (The biggest Kurdish publishing house in Turkey) with the name Lîstikên Tomerî 1
- He carried out coordinatorship of Kurdish Committee of Eurodram (http://eurodram.org/committees-members/)
· He received a research grant for his book project “The Dramaturgy of Fire” from The Jean-Jacques Rousseau Fellowship Program at Akademie Schloss Solitude
· He was invited to International Dramaturgy Conferencess and made a presentation on Kurdish Theatre. (Dramaturgie des Widerstands- internationale positionen zu künstlerischen freiheit und unfreiheit Dramaturgische Gesellschaft, Greifswald)
· The play named Zwischenhalt that he wrote and performed was staged in Performing Arts Festival in Berlin
· He founded Germany office of Şermola Perfromans (www.sermolaperformans.de)
· He founded Germany office of Şermola Perfromans
- His play named Zwischenhalt was published by Theater der Zeit Publishing Hous.
- He was invited to PEN World Voices: International Playwright Festival, New York with the play named Hungry Dogs that he wrote. The play translated to English and staged as a closet drama with direction of Dans Safer at Segal Theater.
- His play Zwischenhalt translated into German. It premiered in Istanbul as a co-production of Şermola Performans and Fringe Ensemble in Kurdish, Turkish and German with direction of Frank Heuel.
· Zwischenhalt received Jury’s Special Award at 17. Direklerarası Audiences Awards.
Zwischenhalt was staged as a closet drama at the event of WELT/BÜHNE Plattform für internationale Dramatik with direction of Franziska Angerer at Residenztheater Munich.
· Zwischenhalt was staged at Cologne Urbang Festival.
· Zwischenhalt was staged at 16. Sevgi Gonul Theatre Days, Istanbul(Turkey).
· The play named Panopticon that he designed and directed premiered at International Istanbul Theatre Festival.
· He came to Cologne for Mikan Project of fringe ensemble. He made interviews with migrant Kurdish people for two weeks.
· The play named Crows that he wrote and directed with Berfin Zenderlioğlu premiered at Istanbul International Theatre Festival.
· The text named Hungry Dogs get the first place in anthology of the year in Eurodram Turkish Selection.
· He made a decision together with his team-mates to close Şermola Performans stage in Istanbul because of political and economic turmoil.
· He staged the play, Di Tuwaletê De, written by Rênas Jiyan. The play premiered at A Corner In The World Festival.
· The play Hungry Dogs premiered as a Kumbaracı50 production.
- He worked as an actor with Nilufer City Theatre, Bursa
· He designed Language Plays Projects and was its art director. He brought playwrights of new generation such as Ahmet Sami Özbudak, Pelin Temur and Derem Çıray and experienced directors such as Ayşenil Şamlıoğlu, Aslı Öngeren and Mehmet Atak together with the idea of making a play from stories of Galician writer Sechu Sende. Plays which are product of this project such as Çena Dengizî, Merheba and Dil Kuşu were staged in 2014 and 2015.
· The play named Gezerken (A walk in Gezi Park) that he wrote together with Cem Uslu, Özen Yula and Yiğit Sertdemir during Gezi Uprising was deemed worthy to Peace Award by Direklerarası Audiences Awards.
· The play named Gor that he wrote and directed received Selective Jury Special Original New Play Award at 14. Direklerarası Audinces Awards.
- He collected his works and also all booklet informations of plays and history of Kurdish theatre groups into a book named "Jêrzemîn/Yeraltındaki Tiyatro". The book published by Publications of Metropolis Municipality of Diyarbakir.
· The play Gor that he wrote premiered at AltFest Istanbul.
· He was choosen to Royal Court’s play-wright workshop, the most important theatre of England, with his play named Gor. He worked with the most prestigious play-wrights of modern theatre such as Mark Ravenhill and Zinnie Harris on his play that later on will be named Horse Cemetery.
· He participated in the “24hours” project of Mekan Artı as a director. He created and staged a play with other performers in 24 hours, named “Why the dead don't sleep? that its topic was determined by audiences priorly.
· He received lots of awards with the play Disko Number 5 that he wrote and performed.
· He carried out an exhibition named "Jêrzemîn/Yeraltındaki Tiyatro" within scope of 1. Amed Theatre Festival. Exhibition consisted of Kurdish theatre plays posters staged between 1991-2003 in Turkey.
- He directed the play Where Were We? that Ebru Nihan Celkan wrote. (Production: Bulut Theatre)
· The play Disko Number 5 that he wrote, performed and Berfin Zenderlioğlu directed, premiered at Ankara International Theatre Festival.
· The play Bûka Lekî that he wrote and directed premiered at Şermola Performans.
· He built and opened Şermola Performans stage together with Berfin Zenderlioğlu and with help of performers and individual supporters.
· The play named Experiment that he wrote and directed is staged.
· Cerb received Original New Play Award of 10.Lions Theatre Awards and participated in lots of festivals.
- The play named "Reşê Şevê" which co-authored with Berfin Zenderlioğlu was published by Avesta Publications.
The play named Reşê Şevê (Nightmare) which co-authored with Berfin Zenderlioğlu was staged with his directing.
· He co-founded Destar Theatre with Berfin Zenderlioğlu. (Later on they disused this name and have contuniued with the name of the stage, Şermola Performans.)
· He wrote and directed Qeşmerên Apoletî (a short play).
- Some plays which he performed in between 1994-2007
- Some short plays which he performed in between 1994-2003